In some specific use-cases, for example for products/services not supporting self-provisioning (e.g. "server management") an order approval workflow could be required.
Each product/service can be specially configured to enable the approval workflow: in this case, each order (new purchases, change requests) needs to be approved by a privileged user (Auditor) before it becomes effective.
The specific functioning slightly changes depending on the presence of the Channel-Management (parent-child) module:
- in the Channel Management scenario:
- the Customer places orders on a Reseller Marketplace
- the Auditor is the Reseller
- in the normal scenario:
- the Customer places orders on a Parent Marketplace
- the Auditor is the Vendor
How it works
Once a new order is placed by the Customer on a (reseller/parent) marketplace:
- the order is marked as "to be approved" (by an Auditor)
- the Customer:
- receives a notification informing that "the order will be shortly reviewed by a manager"
- sees on his Dashboard a list of "to be approved" orders
- The Auditor:
- receives a notification informing that "a new order needs to be reviewed and eventually accepted/rejected"
- sees on his Control Panel a list of "to be reviewed" orders
If the Auditor:
- rejects the order, then:
- the order is marked as "rejected"
- the Customer will be notified with a specific email
- approves the order, then the order is marked as "pending" and the normal provisioning workflow will follow, and in case of positive outcome, the Customer will be consequently notified.
In the Channel Management scenario, if a Reseller places an order on behalf of a Customer by using the specific functionality available on his Control Panel, the platform can be configured to make the order automatically approved or not.