Cloudesire is an Enterprise XaaS Marketplace Platform that allows to sell subscriptions on digital products/services provided by 3rd-parties.
The platform provides:
- configurable and brandable Marketplace interfaces for publishing searchable and filterable products/services catalogs
- a Control Panel to easily configure flexible pricing models, supporting pre-paid and pay-per-use billing plans and volume discounts
- an integrated Monitoring Engine for collecting, and billing, custom application metrics
- a Subscription Lifecycle Management Engine
- a Billing Engine, integrated with a native Invoicing Engine, also supporting orders approval workflow
- support for external Payments Gateways
- support for Indirect Reselling Channels
- a Customer Dashboard to allow end-users to directly access their purchased services, submit change-orders on running subscriptions (e.g. plan-switching, upgrades, downgrades), perform payments, browse list of orders and invoices
- a documented REST API Layer, fully-covering the whole platform business logic
The provisioning process is typically in charge of the 3rd-party providing the product/service to be sold on the marketplace, by implementing a Syndication Workflow.
In case of pay-per-use pricing models, the 3rd-party will also provide the Cloudesire Monitoring Engine with actual values for all the billable metrics belonging to the end-users' running subscriptions.
Below follows a list of integrations available off the shelf for supporting the self-provisioning and orchestration of different kinds of IAAS/PAAS/SAAS services.
Native "product types"
The onboarding interfaces provide specific "produt types" (and dedicated configuration workflows) for each of the following options:
- Bare VM provisioned on:
- customers Public Cloud tenants
- customers Private Cloud (VMware/OpenStack) tenants
- API products
- Cloud Services
- Generic Services
- Microsoft CSP products
Products available via "Syndicated Connectors"
On the onboarding interfaces it's required to select "Syndicated" as product type and then to specify the related "connector syndication endpoint" (to be asked to the platform administrators):
- VMware vCloud VDCs
- OpenStack VDCs
- OpenShift OKD projects
- Commvault tenants
- vCloud Availability tenants
- AWS, Azure, Google Cloud tenants
- Kubernetes clusters on Public Cloud providers
- Helm charts on Kubernetes clusters
- Google Workspace tenants
This website provides detailed documentation related to the following topics:
- Platform Modules: a more detailed platform architecture diagram, with a brief description of the various modules, along with an explanation of the main concepts and a glossary. This could be a good starting point for your reading!
- Onboarding Workflow: how to onboard a new product/service on the Cloudesire marketplace
- Marketplace Customization: how to customize the UI of the marketplace, in order to make it compliant with your brand-identity
- Channel Management: how to configure a Parent-Child Commerce Chain, enabling multiple Distributors and Resellers
- Orders Approval Workflow: to enable use-cases where each order (new purchases, change requests) needs to be approved by a privileged user before it becomes effective
- Live Reporting: a functionality that collects, with a configurable granularity (e.g. daily), the costs/revenues relating to all the pre-paid and pay-per-use services sold through the marketplace
- Email Automation: all the emails sent by the platform according to the supported use-cases
- Cloud Providers: list of supported public cloud providers
- REST API Guide: a complete guide to interact with the platform API Layer, along with examples and useful resources